Choosing the Right Machine for You!
We are “sew” thrilled that Wish Upon A Quilt is now an authorized Janome Dealer. Since our machines arrived 7 weeks ago, we have been learning so much about all the great features that Janome machines have to offer. We also love how supportive and excited all of our customers have been about our new sewing machine department.
Making the choice to carry Janome machines was easy – Janome is the world’s leading manufacturer of home sewing machines. Janome celebrated their 150th Anniversary in 2010 and they are known for their excellence in research and development; and for bringing the very best technology to the home sewing market. It feels great to bring all of this excellence to our customers – you deserve it.
Selecting the right sewing machine can feel like a daunting task, but it’s really not as difficult as it seems. Here are a few tips on how to pinpoint the perfect sewing machine for your needs.
Make a Wish/Dream list. This list might include:
- If you currently own a machine – a list of features missing from your current machine that you would like to have.
- If you are purchasing your first machine – a list of the types of sewing projects you hope to accomplish.
- Think about including features that will help you grow in your sewing skills and abilities and help you complete more projects with ease.
When you create your list be sure to think about the type of sewing you do and plan to do. If you are a garment-sewing enthusiast, then you will want to consider what type of buttonholes are important to you or if the machine comes with decorative stitches. If you are a quilter, then machine bed size and a walking foot will be important to you. If you are a home dec sewing enthusiast, then speed and strength will be essential to you. If you are an embroidery enthusiast, then stitch field size, USB capability and speed will be of great importance.
Bring your list in to the shop and sit down with one of our Customer Service Specialists and we will find the perfect machine for you – without pressure, without pricing secrets and without support worries. We understand that it takes time to make a decision and we are ready to help you gather all the info you need to make the perfect choice for your sewing needs. Our primary goal is to help you realize all your sewing wishes and dreams.
We offer you our VIQ Customer Appreciation program, accessory discounts, educational support, and the Janome Manufacturer’s Warranty. Our service department will be open soon and we will offer on-site Janome Service. We have plans to host educational events and clubs very soon too.
In our lineup of Janome machines – there is something for everyone. Our absolute favorites are on display in our showroom. If there’s a model we don’t stock that you want – no problem – we can order it for you and have it in the shop usually within 3-5 business days.
Here’s a list of our favorite machines:
- Horizon Memory Craft 12000 – This is the top of the line Janome Sewing and Embroidery Computer. This machine absolutely does it all. Stunning linear motion embroidery, Acufil quilting and Acufeed Flex are just a few of the amazing features. With 11 inches of space to the right of the needle, speeds up to 1,000 stitches per minute, and a built-in HighLight magnifier – every sewing job is more enjoyable. This machine will provide you with the ultimate sewing, quilting and embroidery experience!
- Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP – This sewing machine unlocks all the possibilities. The Acufeed Flex, 270 Stitches and 11 one-step buttonholes are just the beginning of the list of amazing features this machine has to offer! Every task can be perfect, easy and fast! With 11 full inches to the right of the needle – quilting will be a breeze.
- Horizon Memory Craft 8200QC- This model offers extra sewing room and all the essential features that today’s sewists require – creativity and total control! We love the easy change needle plate, Acufeed flex and a full 11 inches to the right of the needle.
- Memory Craft 350E – This stand-alone embroidery machine is the perfect addition to any sewing room. Beautiful embroidery designs every time. Edit, resize and import from the USB or Card Slot. You will love all the new possibilities for all your sewing projects.
- 3160QDC – This full-featured machine delivers all the benefits of a top of the line model with an affordable price. Built in thread cutting, speed control and 60 stitches are just a few of the amazing features. At only 12 pounds, this machine is great for classes and retreats. It comes fully equipped with an extension table and hard cover.
- DC2012 – 50 Stitches including 3 one step buttonholes are just the beginning of your love affair with this affordable fully featured machine. The extra high presser foot lift gives you the extra clearance you need and the heirloom and decorative stitches give you lots of sewing possibilities. We love the affordable price too.
- Sewist 525LE – 25 Stitches, a one step buttonhole and convertible free arm make this machine the perfect entry level machine. This machine comes fully equipped with a hard case, a quarter inch foot and a walking foot too.
Stop in to give one a try soon! You won’t believe the places a new machine can take your creativity!